Friday, August 14, 2009

"Two and "Two" - The real miracle.

[The last of a three-part series, and continued from Blog #2: The Second Sign - road trip to St. Louis. For all this to make sense, you might want to start with #1: Daniel's Blue Rose - it is what it is.]

Donna called to inform us that the medium John Edward was being televised live on Larry King. Instead of allowing Edward to walk through the audience and select his target, as was the custom on Edward’s Crossing Over television program, King had pre-selected people (winners of different affiliated radio program promotions) in different studios all over the nation. He was going to test Edward himself by having them far from his direct influence.

Both the interviewee and Edward would wear headsets and microphones; although the television viewing audience could see the interviewee on television, Edward could not.

We turned it on to watch, too. The King show was impressive, with cameras at remote sites to bring close-ups of the people selected to get the “messages” via phone.

I looked at Kevin, sitting in his chair. “This is a live broadcast,” I reminded. “Wouldn’t it be a hoot if Daniel came through again, this time with John Edward?”

We had a good-natured laugh together. “He could,” Kevin agreed. “And if you’d been picked for the show, he sure would. We already know he inherited your strong will.”

The cameras locked in on the next interviewee; John Edward was in one studio, she was sequestered in another.

They were getting along until he said to the woman that he felt the presence of a young man killed in a car accident.

She said she didn't think that message was for her.

“He dies of injuries right here,” he said, pointing to his neck with a chopping motion.

It was his first miss on air, but a dead-on hit with us. Daniel’s neck had been broken in the car accident.

“I’m here, Daniel,” I murmured. Kevin laughed with me, but we were both a little freaked out.

The woman said she wasn't connecting with the message.

“He said his mother had four children,” Edward answered. He held up two fingers on one hand and flipped his wrist. “Two and two. Two boys and two girls.” It was the exact sign that medium Suzane Northrop had told us to watch for.

Seconds later, our phone rang.

“Oh, my God,” Donna breathed.

Yes. God and his sweet angel Daniel.

It is what it is.

Since that program, Kevin and I accompanied Donna and Dave to interview The Ghost Whisperer’s James Van Praagh for bookreview.com [we had lunch with him in Chicago] and we saw Northurp again, too. A famous English psychic named Kevin told me, during another bookreview.com interview, that he saw me in front of a big microphone addressing thousands of people – he interpreted that to mean a radio show.

“No way,” I said. “I’m a magazine publisher. Maybe you meant that; I write for thousands of people.”

He said, “No. I don’t mean that. You already know that. I definitely see radio. I see airwaves.”

Can you imagine?! I laughed with my friend, Tammy Rozek, about it afterwards. I told her I thought he was a fake, and we both thought the radio thing was a real hoot! [Seems I owe him an apology now, since a year later, I did the first of over 650 weekday radio shows.....]

And at a memorable psychic fair party thrown by the advertising agency Hiebing for 400 "of the company’s best friends", a gypsy (she had the outfit to prove it) told me that I had two collections in my house that suggested I had been a nun in a prior life. I have to admit, I found that idea even more absurd than the radio idea. But when I later told my husband Kevin about that, he pointed out that I have 23 crosses hung on our kitchen wall and 21 Willow angles in the display case – my only two collections.

“You had psychic amnesia,” Kevin said kindly, wise now in the lingo because I’ve dragged him to all of those shows. “It happens all the time. Psychics hate that.”

I’ve been told I’m “easy to read” because a deceased grandmother (my beloved Nana) and a pervasive male energy (you know who) supposedly speaks to psychics on my behalf.

But now I feel I should say (I’ll put this in capital letters like I’m shouting): I’M NOT SUGGESTING THAT YOU GO PSYCHIC-CHASING TO FIND DEAD RELATIVES. I don’t go myself anymore. I don’t need to. I know what I know.

Like a blue rose, sometimes it just is what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment